This no-prep map skills unit includes both vocabulary reference posters and activity pages on many different topics. These activities are an engaging way for students to develop their skills and practice reading maps.
*UPDATE* You can now share this with your students digitally!
This resource was created using Google Slides. You must have a Google email for use. Each section can be assigned in Google Classrooms. It is ideal for distance learning. I also include the print file so you can have a physical copy of the pages when you are back in school with your students.
POSTERS INCLUDE PICTURES AND DEFINITIONS
• Prime Meridian
• Political Map
• Topographic Map
• Road Map
• Compass Rose
• Cardinal Directions
• Intermediate Directions
• Physical Map
• Population Map
ACTIVITY PAGES WITH ANSWER KEYS
• Key/Legend Comprehension Page
• Key/Legend on a Population Map
• Key/Legend on a Political Map
• Key/Legend - Create Your Own
• Compass Rose Comprehension Page
• Compass Rose Quiz
• Using a Compass Rose
• Compass Rose - Following Directions
• Grids Reading Comprehension Page
• Locating Cities Using Grids
• Creating A Map Grid
• Following Directions Using a Map Grid
• Parts of a Glob Comprehension Page
• Identifying Hemispheres
• Latitude and Longitude Comprehension Page
• Latitude and Longitude - Louisiana (basic)
• Latitude and Longitude - Africa (advanced)
• Map Scale Comprehension Page
• Using a Map Scale (basic)
• Using a Map Scale (advanced)
• Using a Map Scale - Spain
• Map Skills Computer Activity
Physical maps and topographic maps are included in the posters, but not in the activity pages.
Click here to follow me and be notified when I have sales and list new products.