Check out this bundle of my favorite activities from my American History course—from pre-colonization through Reconstruction! Get students active and engaged with these student-centered ACTIVITIES ranging from the 1880s-1980s!
This bundle INCLUDES...
- Labor in the Gilded Age: Primary Source analysis for Workers’ Unions & Big Business
- Triangle Shirtwaist Factory Fire: Students Tweet as Eyewitnesses
- "Shut the Door" Nativist/Anti-Immigrant Speech from the 1920s
- United States v. Susan B. Anthony Court Case Worksheet + Creative Postcard Summary
- Progressive Amendment Worksheet: 16th, 17th, 18th, & 19th Amendments (FREE!)
- Introductory Worksheet to the Progressive Era on Upton Sinclair’s The Jungle and Carrie Nation’s work in Prohibition/Temperance
- Understanding World War I Reading (Covers the causes of WWI like alliances, militarism, imperialism, etc.)
- W.E.B. Du Bois's "Close Ranks" & Writings about African Americans in WWI
- Helen Keller's "Strike Against the War" Anti-WWI Speech
- Treatment of American Veterans Reading and Research Activity (Revolutionary War, Civil War, WWI, WWII, and Vietnam War)
- Cold War Primary Source Worksheet & Key (Iron Curtain, Truman Doctrine, and Soviet Perspective)
- Warren Court: Learn the Miranda v. Arizona, Escobedo v. Illinois, Engel v. Vitale, and Tinker v. Des Moines Supreme Court Cases
- Cesar Chavez & the United Farm Workers Primary Source Analysis Worksheet
- Reconstruction Stations, Handout & KEY: Amendments, Jim Crow, etc
- Native Americans: Dawes Act, Wounded Knee, Little Bighorn: Notes, Worksheets, and Stations
- Analyzing Imperialism: Carousel/Stations on the Spanish-American War and more
- The American Homefront During WWI Stations
- Great Depression Photo Analysis/Gallery Walk
- Japanese American Internment Camps Stations/Gallery Walk Activity
- Atomic Bombing of Hiroshima & Nagasaki Stations
- The American Homefront During Cold War Stations
- 1960s Protest Gallery: Comparing the Anti-Vietnam War and Civil Rights Movements
- Vietnam War Protest Movement Stations (SNCC, Muhammad Ali, Draft Resistance, Kent State, etc)
- Latinx Civil Rights Movement Gallery Walk and Guided Notes
- Women’s Movement: Notes, Worksheet & Key, and Stations Activity on the ERA, Roe v. Wade, etc.
- Robber Barons Social Media Influencers: Gilded Age Activity/Project
- Big Stick Diplomacy Performances: Roosevelt and Cuba, Panama, and the Philippines
- Life Under Jim Crow: Museum Exhibit About Segregation Project
- Progressive Era Project: Report Card for Reformers
- Progressive Era: Intro Worksheet, Notes, and Progressive Reformers Dialogue Project
- Great Depression, Franklin Delano Roosevelt, and the New Deal Tic Tac Toe Project
- Korean War Photo Captions Activity (with Notes & Primary Source Worksheet)
- 1980s Video Project: Reaganomics, Berlin Wall, Iran-Contra Affair, Chernobyl, & more!
- “How It Feels to Be Colored Me” by Zora Neale Hurston: Harlem Renaissance Creative Writing Activity
- Writing About Pearl Harbor Creative Writing Activity
- Cold War Research Paper: Compare and Contrast Conflict in Cuba, Berlin, Vietnam, and/or Korea
- History of the Vietnam War Reading + Analysis + Creative Writing Activity
- Are You a Robber Baron? Personality Quiz (+ notes!)
- Civil Rights and Anti-Vietnam War Protest Groups: Era of Social Change Woodstock Reformers Simulation
- Give Advice to Kennedy in the Cuban Missile Crisis: Role-Playing Simulation
- Gilded Age Political Machines Cartoon Analysis (Boss Tweed, Tammany Hall)
- Nativism Political Cartoon Analysis: Anti-Immigrant Sentiment in the Gilded Age
- Women's Suffrage Movement Cartoon Analysis
- Vietnam War Political Cartoon Analysis
I LOVE designing student-centered activities for my students. Use these ready-to-go activities in your classroom!
My teaching style involves a short, teacher-centered introduction of content before letting students dive into the material themselves. This is great for students' learning--but means a LOT of planning and lesson-designing from me. Use these activities in your American History classroom and save yourself lots of time!
I've also included a "Teacher Tips" document as a bonus file listing the order I'd use these assignments & other suggestions.
· Reconstruction amendments (13th, 14th, 15th)
· Freedmen’s Bureau
· Jim Crow segregation
· Dawes Act
· Massacre at Wounded Knee and Battle of Little Bighorn
· Boss Tweed, Tammany Hall, and political machines/corruption in the Gilded Age
· Labor Unions
· Robber barons/captains of industry and the rise of big business
· Vertical and horizontal integration
· Monopolies and trust-busting
· Triangle Shirtwaist Factory fire
· Susan B. Anthony and the women’s suffrage movement
· Progressive Amendments (16th, 17th, 18th, and 19th Amendments)
· Spanish-American War
· American imperialism and anti-imperialism
· Big Stick Diplomacy
· Harlem Renaissance
· Progressive Era Movements
· Causes of World War I
· America & WWI: Bonds, the draft, Schenck v. United States, etc.
· Great Depression
· The New Deal
· Japanese American Internment
· Atomic Bombing of Hiroshima & Nagasaki in WWII
· Cold War conflicts in Korea, Cuba, Vietnam
· Red Scare
· Space Race, Sputnik, and science education
· McCarthyism and HUAC
· Growth of the Suburbs, Baby Boom
· Iron Curtain
· Truman Doctrine
· Korean War
· Cuban Missile Crisis
· Vietnam War
· Anti-Vietnam War movement
· Civil Rights Movement
· Latinx Movement & Cesar Chavez
· Reform groups like Women Strike for Peace, the Brown Berets, the Black Panthers, SNCC, CORE, and more
· The Warren Court
· Second Wave Feminism and the Equal Rights Amendment, The Feminine Mystique, Roe v. Wade, etc.
· Conservatism and Reaganomics
Check out the previews of the various resources to see some of the great activities you'll get!
Note: Files are generally PDFs or ZIP files including PDFs!
Get TpT credit toward future purchases!
Please leave a quick rating and comment for this product. From your My Purchases page, click the "Provide Feedback" button. TpT will give you feedback credit -- lowering the price of your future purchases! Plus, your feedback helps me create better resources for my students AND you! ☺
Click the green star next to my store logo. Become a follower to receive email updates about my resources!