Also included in
Bring art, color, fun and inspiration into your classroom and create a positive motivational learning environment!This imaginative Back to School Art Activities and Classroom Decor Bundle features 8 of my first week back, All About Me creative resources, and 2 useful freebies.Save 25% of the price$22.00$29.40Save $7.40
Bring art, color, fun and inspiration into your new classroom and create a positive motivational learning environment!This imaginative Back to School Art Activities and Classroom Decor Bundle features 4 of my first week back, All About Me creative resources, and 2 useful freebies.Save 25% of the pri$10.80$14.25Save $3.45
These 'T-Shirts All About Me' imaginative resources are ideal to use as getting to know you activities at the beginning of the year.This mini bundle contains both the print version with PDFs and the digital version with Google Slides™ Save 25% with this bundle offer.Learn more about your students in$6.20$7.95Save $1.75
This adaptable bundle contains both the digital and printable versions of my top selling All About Me T Shirt and Graffiti About Me activities.Suitable for distance learning, paperless classroom activities, homeschooling and good old paper-based fun!These engaging and imaginative resources are ideal$12.00$16.10Save $4.10
This bundle contains 18 of my most popular 'All About Me' back to school imaginative art and writing resources. These activities are ideal for Grades 5-8 and are suitable for engaging both boys and girls, reflecting current tech and fashion trends, hobbies and interests of this 'tween' age group.Sav$47.00$68.00Save $21.00
Make back to school fun with this T-shirt all about me art and writing activity.
This all about me ice breaker really engages upper elementary and middle school students, helping with community building and reducing anxiety during the first week back to school.
Using these low-prep T-shirt art and writing templates in the classroom, you will learn interesting facts about your students, while classmates enjoy sharing and getting to know more about each other too.
Please click on the preview to see this all about me resource in more detail.
What’s included in this all about me back to school activity?
1. T-shirt drawing activities
- There are 15 sections to respond to prompts with mini drawings and doodles. Prompts include self-portrait, name, age, grade, favorite color, fruit, vegetable, sport, movie, song…
- A selection of creative template options are available, you can choose according to the age and ability of your students. For example, confident students can use a blank template and draw their own lines and boxes to fill in.
2. T-shirt writing activities
- There are 15 questions / prompts to respond to in written format. These include my top 3 goals this year, something I like at school, something I find challenging, if I were a superhero, I can make the world better by, I feel happy when, I feel sad when, I aim to, I wonder if.....
- Choose from additional writing templates to explore goal setting and summer memories
- Untitled lined T-shirt templates are included for you to use in your own way
Learn about the artist Piet Mondrian
- The T-shirt templates are inspired by the artist, Piet Mondrian's abstract work.
- This resource includes a poster and garlands to help create a colorful, welcoming and inspiring classroom.
- You can also extend the learning by studying Piet Mondrian
Mondrian-inspired early finisher activities
- Additional fun doodle pages
- Bookmarks to cut out and decorate
- Help cut out and display classroom garlands
- Completed and partially completed T-shirt examples are included for display purposes and to give direction to students who may find this helpful. I used a black ball point pen and colored markers to create a modern, illustrative style to appeal to middle schoolers
- UK/Aus/Can templates with 'colour' and 'favourite' spellings are included in the packet.
- The templates will match up when glued together, back to back.
- Please note that activities have been designed to complete on separate pieces of paper, they are not formatted to be printed back to back on one sheet of paper. Accurate two-sided printing cannot be guaranteed as paper tends to move slightly while printing
Size of templates
- The T-shirt templates are designed to fit US Letter and A4 paper size for printing
- They measure approximately 25cm and 20cm / 10 x 8 inches
- Work big! If you have access to a larger printer, you can scale up to 11x14 or A3 depending on the paper sizes that you use.The templates are vector files so they won't pixelate when you enlarge them
Ideas for use
- Build a strong sense of community during the first week back
- Safe for shy or nervous students to share about themselves
- Meet the Teacher
- Open House
- Bulletin board displays
- ESL students
- Students with learning disabilities
- Encourage creativity in those less confident
- Goal setting and growth mindset
- Social and emotional - help students explore their feelings
- Welcoming new students
- New teacher introduction
- Helpful low prep project for substitute teachers
- End of Year reviews
- These T-shirts make a fabulous display on the bulletin board or pegged up on a line as a garland or 'washing line'
- You could also decorate your door or use the T-shirts for personal journal covers or to label students' locker doors
- Glue back to back, and laminate them if you would like to refer back to them throughout the year
Happy teacher feedback
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Diana Y says,
“This is adorable! It's visual which makes it very accessible to students. It also helps them to personalize the work they're doing in the place of a traditional intro form.”
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Victoria K says,
"This is the perfect size for my students to use; it is not too large or small. This makes learning about one another fun and not intimidating. Great to use at the beginning of a year."
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Cedee Teaches says,
“This is easily my favorite back to school activity so far. You really learn a lot about your students and they are so proud of their shirt when they are done. I like to post their creations all over the classroom door when they're all finished.”
You might also like to view these popular seasonal resources:
Stay in touch!
Follow my store on TPT to receive notification of new products, where I will be offering a 50% discount for the first 48 hours after they are posted.
Don’t forget to leave feedback on resources - you will earn points towards your next TPT purchases :-)
Please contact me if you have any questions regarding this resource, I am always keen to help,
Copyright ©The ImaginationBox/Diane Pagan 2019.
All rights reserved by the author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only