Also included in
This first grade writer's workshop bundle is where you can find ALL the first grade writing units you will need for the entire year (and then some)!If you are a new teacher or a teacher looking to revamp their writing block, this is the unit for you! You will receive all the lessons you need for a y$59.99$72.74Save $12.75
This first grade writing bundle is aligned to the Common Core standards and helps students with personal narratives, opinion writing, and informative writing as they work through the writing process. Students will brainstorm, draw, write, revise, edit and publish their own writing pieces for each ge$16.50$19.50Save $3.00
This informative writing workshop unit was created to help your students create an All About Book about their favorite animal. They will go through the research and writing processes as the unit aligns directly with the common core standards!
Each year my first grade students research animals and create their own All About Books! This pack guides you step-by-step as you help your kids discover their love for non-fiction texts and writing. In the end, you have some adorable and informative books for your students to keep!
- A look at how I use this unit in my Classroom
- Parent letter introducing unit
- Background info, Helpful hints, and Organizational tips
- Animal book bin labels to help organize researcg
- Daily detailed lesson plans in the "I do, We do, You do" format
- Voting sheets to help students choose animal
- "Fascinating Facts" research recording sheet
- Caption Action: early finishers project
- Grading rubric
- Publishing pages
After completing this animal project, you could use the templates for many different "All About" subjects.
Please download the preview to see more about what is included!